Thursday, December 27, 2007

So, Who Else Is Fasting?
















I didn't know fasting was so common. I mean, at the very least, it appears that a lot of my friends, relatives and acquaintances, are fasting until the end of the year.

Just last week, I was talking to my friend Dana and she told me she was fasting. Only a few days ago, my cousin Tone told me the same. Apparently, it's some sort of cleansing. It gets rid of all the toxins in your body so you can start the year fresh. Whatever! LOL

Not that I couldn't use some cleansing. I severely lack discipline, so I thought it'd be a good challenge to take on. So far I'm on Day 2 and I'm cheating all over the freaking place. Yesterday, I had yogurt, a banana, some cashews and Tostitos. I'm doing a little better today though. I only had yogurt this morning.

I'll be honest though. I doubt I'll be able to hold on till the end of the year, let alone the end of the week. The M Train always stops right by this Popeyes at the Myrtle Ave station and God knows I needs me a chicken wing pronto. How about you guys? Who else is fasting? If so, are you sticking to it? Speak on it!




3 comments:

Matou said...

You Know What?? I should've Fasted for these last weeks of the year also... For the New Year, Fasting on a regular basis is going to be one of my Resolutions...
Stick to it Cuzzo...

Farrah said...

I do believe that fasting is beneficial not only for your body but for your mind as well.

I think about fasting from time-to-time but then...I think again. The subject alone is making me hungry. Yo what's good with that chicken wing??? LOL

High-Lite said...

Day three of FAST....Fading FAST
Talking to God keeps me

P.S. Is that bacon?,do you smell bacon?