Sunday, January 13, 2008

Idris Elba > Morris Chestnut?

Idris Elba
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Morris Chestnut

I talk about women plenty on these blogs, so I thought I'd dedicate one to the ladies. I just got back from the BET Honors and saw your man Idris Elba on the red carpet.

Now, I've been hearing women rave about dude for a minute, but to see them respond to him in person, I must say... he is the man. "Oh, I love him," some women said. "I just wanna hug him," others offered. I mean, looking around, grown ass women were just losing it and couldn't stop staring at dude. Just hilarious!

It got worse at the After Party. Dude was chilling with regular folks. Women were practically in line for pics, hugs or digit slips. That's when it hit me. Idris took Morris Chestnut's spot. It's all "Idris, Idris and Idris" these days. I mean, I hardly hear chicks say anything about Ricky from Boyz N Da Hood anymore. I'm not sure why? Could it because he's bald all of a sudden? What is it ladies? Idris Elba > Morris Chestnut? If you had to pick? Who would it be? My vote wouldn't count in this matter, but I'll say this. Idris is a good actor with award winning potential. Ricky isn't bad, but he isn't that good either. Speak on it!












































10 comments:

MeLa said...

Do i really have to choose? Can't i keep them both? lol

Janee TMB said...

lol@ mela. i choose idris -- it's his eyes, they are so expressive!

nobody beats andre benjamin in my book though.

ms_sincere1 said...

Morris Chestnust definitely! He is my HUSBAND in my head LOL!!

He is the first black male actor of my generation that I laid eyes on that has the ability to articulate well and represents gentility and integrity during his interviews. He has played diverse roles and continues to capture the audience on all occassions. (Boyz in the Hood, The Best Man, Two Can Play That Game, Brothers, The Cave, The Game, etc...
Morris is the "epitome" of sex appeal coupled with a kindred spirit.

P.S. Carl
If you ever get an interview with him Please get an autograph for your CUZ!! My husband in my head LOL

Farrah said...

If you had mentioned chocolate sauce and a rabbit, I would have thought you saw the dream I had last night...LOL

Idris is sexy as hell, especially when he played the dad in that Tyler Perry movie. He’s that foreigner sexy type. The way he can do the British/ Jamaican accents...Umm..um..um! You can serve me a spot of tea and a blunt any day baby!!

On the other hand Morris is the all American African-American type. You know that next door neighbor who grew up to be fine as hell!! The one you never thought twice about until he came home from college and he came over and told you that he was an Alpha and the quarterback of the football team. HOLLA

Asking to choose a preference is like telling me I can only have peanut butter with no jelly; or jelly and no peanut butter. I mean peanut butter is cool and jelly is sweet. But nothing beats a PB&J...Ya dig.

Rosy said...

I have to say Idris wins, he is just sexy, there's no other way to say it. Plus he's a great actor able to plays different characters really well. And then there's the accent...lol But nobody beats Morris Chestnut's smile.

danappyscribe said...

i could've sworn i responded to this earlier but my vote goes to idris...the accent AND he grows facial hair? that's a no-brainer in my book

and yes...i was one of the ladies drooling on the red carpet...and i'll do it again with no shame whatsoever...

besides...morris having a wife is kinda not hot...that takes him down a couple of notches in my book...while i'm sure idris will never look my way, the availability of it all is sexy as shit...married men are so not hot

A to the... said...

I'd have to say Morris. He was my first love, and he'll always be that way. Then again Idris is African (Seirra Leonian and Ghanaian) but Morris was there for me, when he wasn't lol

NunyahBiz said...

I always thought Morris was fine, but Idris is on a whole other level. Idris stirs up stalkerish, groupie thoughts in me that I have never had before... Just kidding (LOL), but Idris is most definitely my choice.

Ms. Nancy said...

Morris Chestnut in a heat beat :-)

Stephanie Smith said...

Cannot choose