Friday, January 4, 2008

Lisa Stansfield vs. Taylor Dayne: Who's The Blacker White Singer?

First off, get it right, Ron. It's Leslie Wunderman, not Lisa. And who cares if she dropped her government? Black folks do it all the time. Anna Mae Bullock (Tina Turner), Caryn Elaine Johnson (Whoopi Goldberg), Bernard (Delicious)...pause! Should I keep going?

As Ron already explained, I previously wrote a post entitled "the blackest white singers ever..." To make a long story short, Taylor Dayne was mentioned while Lisa Stansfield was left off and Ron took offense. He then vowed to prove without a reasonable doubt, that Stansfield had a phatter ass than Dayne. But since we're being niggorant here, look at Taylor's lips. They black as hell.

Now, I won't even sit here and knock Stansfield. She's a great singer. But what in hell does Arsenio Hall have to do with anything? Celine Dion, Bette Middler and Dolly Parton "tore" it down there too. It doesn't make them any blacker now does it?

As for the Barry White co-sign, it got me reaching. I'ma keep it funky, I'm not enough of an asshole to bring up Dayne's work with Rodney Jerkins to support my argument. But she did remake Barry's "Can't Get Enough Of Your Love."

Watch Taylor Dayne's "Can't Get Enough Of Your Love"




But you know what, Paul McCartney got two songs with Michael Jackson and it doesn't make him any blacker than John Lennon was. R.I.P. So Lisa singing with Barry, though she did rip it, don't mean squat. This is what it comes down to. We're talking about who's blacker here. I remember my older sister playing Stansfield's tape around the apartment. I liked it a lot. I eventually saw the video for "Been Around The World" and didn't notice anything in particular. On the flip side, I, well...flipped out when I saw Taylor Dayne for the first time. To this day we think she's just light skin. So, Taylor Dayne 2008!

[Click Here To Read Ron's Lisa Stansfield Campaign]

1 comment:

Ron Mexico said...

touche, good sir.

fantastically well.

she covered a negro track? shit. "got me a caddilac, caddilac, caddilac./ got me a caddilac car./ look at me, negro. i'm a star./"

it still looks a little wiggerish to me.

that video looked like a damn bacardi commercial.

and you know damn well arsenio hall was the definitive black voice in the medium that is talk show.

oprah is some other shit entirely, and jerry and maury hadn't taken our baby batter-filled brains just yet.