Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Looked Erykah Badu Dead In The Eye, Son!


Me and Erykah Badu...


By now I'm on like...my 3rd Erykah Badu mention on this blog, so you guys should know how I feel about her. And you dun know I was looking forward to interviewing her earlier today. So much so that I waited two hours for her ass. Just minutes before the interview, people at the job started testing me. There's a rumor that you're not supposed to look in Badu's eyes and she had apparently just dared any dude to do so during a 106 & Park taping. Ppppfffttt!


Ya'll already know I like my eyes doo doo brown, so what the hell are green eyes gonna do for me? I must say though. She's quite intimidating and her voice is very soothing. The funny thing is I asked her to look at me rather than the camera when answering questions, but she focused on the lens throughout the interview. I wonder if she thought she was doing me a favor.


Anyway, in the end, I thanked her for her time and she asked, "what's your name brother" while looking me straight in the eye. "Carl," I replied, looking her dead in the pupil. Shoot! Can't no chick make me fall after one look. Now if you excuse me, I gotta go. I just saw this dope pair of crochet pants online. Speak on it!

7 comments:

Matou said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!
I tried to win a Spot for her VH1 Soul Performance in BK and they didn't pick me!!!!
I can't wait for her album and tour to start!!!!

Ugh Your Job is GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

where can the interview be found?

Farrah said...

Is you new name Carl3000 or Not-so-Common!

LOL :-)

micAh! said...

"they said the crochet pants and the sweater was wack/heard "The Corner" now they say that nigga's back uhh..." lol

aqua said...

If I catch you rocking felt pants, Birkenstocks, and Barbie colors I'm smacking you on principle, son. lol

southpeezy said...

I looked her dead in the eye when i interviewed her in Dallas once...nothing happened other than me passing on the chicken wangs and just eating celery and shit....

MeLa said...

she's got a powerful energy for sure... she made ME feel a way, and i don't even like girls. lol
but then, i've stanned for badu for the past 10 years.
she got a dope ass body too.