Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"Shit" Just Doesn't Make Sense!


"Sheeiitttt!" --Senator Clay Davis (The Wire)

By now, I'm sure you've noticed that I'm not too big on curses. I usually curse for the sake of comedy, when I'm pissed or tipsy. Other than that, I say stuff, thing or ish, rather than shit. But not today. Ironically, it just wouldn't make sense.

I've noticed that "shit" is the most worthless curse in the english language. It just holds no weight. Now, I appreciate when cursing is used to punctuate a statement. "Fuck" usually does the job. "Shit?" Not so much. Let me explain.

I was chillin with Jesus and shit: No need to add "and shit." "I was chillin with Jesus" already made the point. The extra vulgarity just makes you sound like you failed kindergarten.

Ron Mexico is cool as shit: "As" implies that there's an analogy there, so why isn't it cool as ice or cool as a cucumber. [Blogger's Note: Those were corny, I know.] Still, the last time I hadn't checked, doo doo wasn't cold.

When Shit hits the fan...This one isn't as bad. But I like my adages to be realistic. Has anyone ever seen doo doo literally hit the fan? Thought so.

Speak on it!

5 comments:

Farrah said...

Sugar Honey Ice Tea...'memba dat shit (pun intended)

I ain't with that shit...
That nicca aint shit...
Fuck that shit...

Theses are all reasons why "shit" is still relevant!

Other useless ways to use "shit":

I'm the shit...(Well...Maybe)
This shit stinks...(It's suppose to)

:-) LOL

MeLa said...

I like 'shit' for the purposes of name- calling.

"Shithead" is a great insult, as are "shit- for- brains", "piece of shit", and as Farrah mentioned, "you ain't shit".


That pretty much sums up "shit"s usefulness for me.

:)

white beezy said...

I thought your blog was hilarious dude and i love black people,black woman especially you seem like a pretty chill dude,,no homo., and yes scarfs on guys do look gay but the ladies love it, it seems to me today these new cats got no real class or style and have to lower others to raise themselfs call them ''player haters'' and if your different and get with lots of girls your going get lots of ''player haters'' 2pac had ear peircing and nobody would talk shit about it being gay, but if me a dirty white boy peirced my ear everyone would be like dude thats gay and i think that is discrimination and prejudice, i got a wicked scarf and ill wear it with pride because i be myself n do what i like and confdurble with my sexuality and if some ppl think i look gay wit scarf or tink im gay i dun give a shit because the ladies love the gay guy. my ex girlfriend got me a scarfe its wool and long and wrap around my neck my country ass redneck actually im city boy i just liked how you made fun of yourself i aslo can laugh at myself so i hope you find this humurous im some way excuse the grammer spelling im stoned and trying watch new riddick movie oh ya so the scarfe its wool and keeps my neck warm, my redneck that is because im a dirty white bwoy but im not an asshole i care and love everyone and all of gods creations and do my best to judge no one look at everyone with an equal eye, i think you been drinking a little too much of that haterade boy you lookin ass negga lmao just kidding when i say negga i mean never ignorant getting goals accomplished i also do love rap i wonder if 2pac thought scarfs were gay, he prob would agree with me and we be smokin blunts and he help me become famous because i have mad freestyling skills sincerely white beezy if u see me with long asshole scarf come say watsup i love meeeting new ppl and changing their perspectives =D

white beezy said...

i be myself n do what i like and confdurble with my sexuality and if some ppl think i look gay wit scarf or tink im gay i dun give a shit because the ladies love THIS gay guy. really no homo tho i does not fuck with that shit.. im going back to movie have a good one everybody.

white beezy said...

Ps. I also notice more girls checking me out when i wear this scarf :P i like girls <3