Sunday, March 23, 2008

I Wanna Buy Some Chocolate Too...



Chocolate...

So I'm at LAX on standby for a flight to New York, when I peep this little Asian girl selling chocolate.

"Ehhh, we're selling some chocolate. Bla bla, bla," she tells this clean cut white dude sitting in front of me.

She got the sale and then moved on to new targets, me excluded. I was hungry, so I would have copped off her, but you know me. I refused to buy anything unless she asked me like everybody else.

The funny thing is I saw her looking at people, me included, trying to predict whether or not they would cop. I even peeped her mom telling her to go ask me, but the kid was hesitant. So just when I got my ass up to go cop me a Baby Ruth at Hudson News, I hear...

"Excuse me, do you want some chocolate?"

Yep! I got me one of them crispy ones. See, I'm not gonna pull any type of card here. I want you guys to tell me why you think the little girl was so hesitant to come over. Happy Easter! Speak on it!

3 comments:

MeLa said...

Duh. Its because you're black. Everyone knows blacks don't ever buy things. Even little asian girls.

Fyra Banks said...

It IS because you're black - more importantly, a black male - the unfortunately most feared species on the earth. Obviously, her parents/surroundings have given her the early training on being prejudice - which is usually inherited. The funny thing is, her mother must've seen that you were "different" for some reason and decided that you were "safe" enough for her daughter to approach. It's sad, but true. A similar story, but on the opposite side of the spectrum - whenever we go to the garment district in LA, there's this black bum who ALWAYS approaches my husband - without failure. He will pass up every white person on the street, but as soon as he sees the black MAN walk by him, he'll ask him for some money. This same guy's been doing this to my hubby for almost 9 years, now. It's going to take years for us to get out of all this prejudice, huh?!

Farrah said...

Did you have a booger in you nose? ... Just a question! LOL :-)