Thursday, April 10, 2008

Do I Look Like I Have A Girlfriend?

So I'm in my supervisors' office taking photos earlier today when one of them jokes that my "girlfriend" is gonna get mad when she sees the flicks.

"I don't have a girlfriend anyway," I replied. They both seemed surprised by the revelation. Mind you, I've been there for six months so they apparently thought I had a shorty the whole time. One still didn't believe me while the other explained, "you look like you have a girlfriend." Interestingly, one of my female co-workers doesn't believe that I'm single either. WTF?

My cousin Mayhem and I have often conversed on this. We seldom meet women without them assuming, "I bet you got a girlfriend" or "where your girlfriend at?" I don't get it! So ladies, can a guy look like he has a girlfriend? Fellers, as always feel free to chime in and share similar experiences. Speak on it!

7 comments:

Dove said...

You don't seem like you have a gf because you're not a thirsty bastard like a lot of guys these days. A little class goes a long way, but it also reads "married"...

ACC said...

Hmm... Yea. I don't know what that's about either. But if you're taking applications, sign me up. :)

melo said...

oh carl... learn how to read between the lines! the whole "you're girlfriend is gonna get mad when she sees the flicks" is a way to find out if you have one, silly! maybe shes interested..?

for girls, i think guys automatically assume we all have boyfriends too though! at least thats the case for me... YOU speak on it ;o)

Epsilonicus said...

Plain and simply, they want you. Just as Melo said, they were feeling you out to see if you had a woman.

Farrah said...

I'm not joking when I say this but...I thought you had a girlfriend. LOL You just seem like you have a girl. I guess Dove's right by saying you don't seem thirsty (but then again, we don't hang out much).

On another note...I have a homegirl that's looking for a man. How do you like'm?

:-)

Danica said...

You don't seem like you have a girlfriend to me, but maybe I've just spent too much time with you!

I do agree with the other comments though. The "your girlfriend is going to get mad/where is your man?" comments are always thinly veiled interest. You should take it as a compliment.

MeLa said...

I think all guys have girlfriends. The thirstier ones just respect their situations less.

(jaded- me? noooo)