Sunday, October 5, 2008

Does Anybody Else Watch The Hills?


Lauren Conrad(The Hills)


Some of these girly girls say the darndest things and I can't get over it.

Like, I wouldn't ask about last night's game or even bring up basketball to a girl who clearly isn't into sports. Yo! This chick recently asked me, "Do you watch The Hills?" Dude! Do I look like I watch the freakin' Hills? I mean, you never know. I'm just saying.


Kristin Cavallari (Laguna Beach)

Now, MTV is one of my default channels, and I admit I've unsuccessfully tried watching Laguna Beach, The Hills'predecessor, a few times. I just never made it past a few minutes. I just don't get it. Like, what the hell is going on? I mean, my sister got me hooked on Days Of Our Lives a while back and my ex hooked me on Desperate Housewives, which I still watch, but The Hills? Not so much. Sidebar: Kirsten Cavilari > Lauren Conrad.


Anyway, I've been absolutely intolerant of that show. It usually flip the channel within a few seconds. Get this, though. The chick (she was black in case you're wondering) didn't believe me when I said I didn't watch the show. ?????????????I'd understand her reasoning if I told her about my unusal TV habits beforehand, but for her to so stubbornly imply that I was a closet Hills follower was a bit odd. She also argued that The Hills wasn't a "girl" show. While I'm sure some dudes watch the show, I'm ready the bet its audience is primarily comprised of women.

For some reason, I've had a hard time escaping the show since that conversation. It seems to be on everytime I turn to MTV and it just seems like everybody and their baby mommas is talking about it. So, is the show that big? Any of you fellers watch that crap? Can somebody explain to me what the hell the show is about?

11 comments:

Edwith said...

I love the hills! way better then laguana beach and its really addictive. The timeline, the scandals, and all the drama. It is big because think about it...people are going crazy and are obsessed with people who don't do anything *cool* except live in la and have lots of money. none of them are actors, found a cure for a disease, or have dropped an album. most of the characters don't even come from famous familes to account them to even be socialites. as far as guys watching the show....i don't think their audience is even tailored to males like that. i don't even know any guy who would even care. and by the way kristen isn't a part of the hills

Jackpot aka H.D. aka Desckabaisses said...

I know she isn't part of The Hills. That's why I put "Laguna Beach" in parentheses next to her name.

Janee TMB said...

I plead guilty. I have a whole Monday night tradition that I call SWP Night and it's really the most relaxing part of my week.

Rosy said...

I'm still trying to get over the fact that you watch days of our lives and desperate housewives...lol
i've tried watching the Hills, but I couldn't get into it, I don't get that show either.

Jackpot aka H.D. aka Desckabaisses said...

I don't watch Days Of Our Lives anymore. It comes on while I'm at work and I just can't take the dramatic Soap Opera acting. I was hooked for a quick sec, though. I still watch Desperate Housewives, though.

Dove said...

I watch it, and it's totally a show for girls. The stupidity of Heidi and Spencer as a couple is worth taking the 30 minutes per week to watch (so long as I can record and forward through commercials). Heidi's actually a pretty coy girl who is good at playing dumb, but the fact she allows Spencer to shit on her, her ideas, her friends, her family and everyone in their way is baffling.

MeLa said...

i can't do The Hills. Or Laguna Beach. Or keeping up with the Kardashians. Or even Baldwin Hills and Kimora's . Annoying spoiled rich kids and their fake problems annoy me.

Now, give me some Flavor of Love, Rock Of Love, i Love Money, Real World/ Road Rules challenge... Anyone game to publicly humiliate themselves for money and/ or fleeting fame is a GO!

the blogger gets a lap dance for watching the soaps, though. :)

Jackpot aka H.D. aka Desckabaisses said...

Thanks Mela. I'm free Thursday, are you? Ha Ha!

LowKey said...

I, LowKey, am a HUGE advocate of The Hills with no intentions of covering it with the excuse of "my ex made me watch it, so now I'm hooked".

LC's a bad broad, and Spencer is ridiculously disrespectful to everyone he comes in contact with, which makes for an exceptional 30 minutes of TV.

Now, as for Mela's sentiment about watching spoiled rich kids, yea, that shit is borderline retarded, but when someone can make their sister cry with no remorse for 3 weeks straight, that's pretty much better than anything on cable tv...besides Entourage!

Jackpot aka H.D. aka Desckabaisses said...

LMAO! You called me out and I must keep it funky. Yes! The ex is a cover up, damn it! I guess the more accurate way to put it is...a way to justify watching something I don't think I'm supposed to like. What you want me to do, I'm sorry? (In Jay voice) At the same time, I don't know if I would have watched it if she hadn't introduced me to it.Oh Well! I don't think it's gonna work for The Hills, cause I tried watching it on my own and just couldn't do it.

Shaun said...

I suspect that Carl wrote this just to get chicks to respond. LOL