Monday, October 13, 2008

Is Anybody Else Scared?

I don't even know where to start, man.

I just took a few days off from the job. I haven't taken a freakin' day off this whole year, so I needed some time to just chill. I went to my sister's house in La Terriere. It's a nice little quiet spot up in Quebec, Canada. Those of you who like nature would love it. It's pretty secluded from everything else, nothing around but trees and stuff. It's the perfect getaway spot. Well, almost. I'm allergic to something in the area. Apparently, my body only functions well where pollution and rodents are omnipresent. Anyway, her man built the freakin' house from scratch. Quite impressive! I just basically slept and played with my nieces and nephews the entire weekend.

I got away, but the blackberry always a reminder of what's waiting at home. I found out that one of my homies got laid off. Firings just seem to be happening at an alarming rate right now. I mean, it's to be expected. We apparently haven't seen the worst of the recession. You just can't help but feel horrible when it happens, though. It makes folks appreciate crappy jobs they complain about. At least you got a damn job.

Time off also means you usually eat a little less healthy. Well, I always eat a little less healthy. My lack of discipline doesn't help either, but I'm working on it. I came back home to a few wake-up calls. I bumped into my super this morning. He's in a wheelchair now. He's been in and out of the hospital for some time, but something happened with his right leg, so they had to cut it off. I'm watching Entourage earlier tonight and Allen, a reccuring character on the show, died of a heart attack. I logged online just about an hour ago to learn about a 19-year-old Ranger prospect dying of a heart attack. He was 19 freakin' years old.

I mean, deaths come in threes. We'll sadly be hearing about somebody else a few weeks from now. It just feels like scary times, though. Maybe it's just me, but I'll rather be safe than sorry. I gotta get back on that tredmill on a more consistent basis, even if it means running into liberated fa'nooks, not that there's anything wrong with that, in the gym locker room. On top of that, I gotta finish my veggies and leave that damn Ice Cream Sandwich Ice Cream from Edy's, alone. Hibernation season is upon me too. I'm going to Jackson's party this week. I'm sure I'll be wearing my Average Joe outfit somewhere for Hollyween, but now is a time for moderation. It's time to save some safety pennies and get familiar with my living room just in case. Hopefully, I'm not just talking junk. Is anybody else scared?

4 comments:

Dove said...

Hells yeah! I'm nervous about things, but after watching that Zeitgeist movie it made me realize that it's all going to be ok. Of course it'll get worse before it gets better, but it's time to buckle down. In the next few years we will see a lot of changes - not all in our favor as citizens, and there won't be anywhere to run to.

I just thank God that I got to live most of my life when times were good and we were free (for the most part). Once they start making microchips mandatory, then I'll be scared for real.

One thing people in the entertainment biz can be thankful for is that when people are sad they turn to music and the arts, books, magazines, etc. for relief. Even though it's not booming and the way things are done will alter, the entertainment I think the industry will survive. As long as you can move with the times, you can always have a job.

Janee TMB said...

LOL @ Dove -- girl you musta just seen Zeitgeist u got microchips on the brain! Just Say No to Big Brother :-)

Carl it's definitely scary times, but I've been feeling that way for awhile, it's a big part of why I left NYC to be closer to family.

I guess the thing that's most important for us to remember right now is that change can be good. Sometimes you have to hit that Reset button to get the right results.

SabaG. said...

Im petrified of whats to come....But the media has been playing with the public since 9/11... COld part is the people are accepting this shit: bailout (taxpayers dollars to save billionaire investers), MARTIAL LAW (just went in effect Oct.1) this is a sure sign of the times....people need to stop with the selfishness and help one another, cause if we dont rely on each other we are doomed... PEOPLE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT YOUR ONLY HURTING YOURSELD WHEN YOU DONT WATCH YOUR DIET AND PUT THAT JUNK (SODA,CHIPS,HIGHLY SATURATED MEATS) IN YOUR BODY.. i WATCH WHAT I EAT CONSTANTLY.. i cant afford to be a victim of my own demise!! And I need people to quit acting like OBAMA is a damn savior.... if you know politics then you know Obama is just a puppet.. Fuck out here! Yea he black soooo?

Im just, Im just *Rika* from the Block!!! said...

In terms of job security, I am not scared...I realized weeks ago that it will take a real natural disaster for people like me to lose our jobs...Its good to know that we people whose salary should be considered minimum wage will be stuck in our miserable situations for a few years longer...***angry postal worker look***

by the way, just in case youre wondering...i work for an answering service for doctors...business is booming!!! All this work/economy stress seems to killing the hypochrondiacs...(and im serious)

even ran accross a dude whose confirmed diagnosis was Munchausen!!!!! (look it up, its sad)