Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Phillies Owe Me Money...



Phillies won!

No, really. I'm just not not giving a fruck about something. The Philadelphia Phillies are the world champions of Major League Baseball. And here's why they owe me money. If you read this blog, you may have noticed that I seem to say, "Phillies won" pretty randomly. As I explained earlier this summer, the saying is just another way to say you don't give a damn. Again, allow me to demonstrate.

Douche Bag: Carl, I get more girls than you.

Me: Phillies won!

The crazy thing is I probably couldn't have partook in the saying a few years back. Growing up, the Mets and the Expos were my teams. Shoot! I still remember going to my first game at Shae Stadium. It got rained out, though. But I fell out of love with baseball, so...Phillies won! I wish I could take credit for the saying, but Stewie from Family Guy is the originator. I wish I could take credit for introducing it to regular convos, but my boy Hobbs did. I sure will take credit for spreading the hell out of it, though. I also take partial credit for the Phillies winning the World Series.

I was looking at the standings earlier this summer and noticed that they were in first place. Me and the fellers used the saying so much, we were speaking it into existence for the Phillies. We were just putting great energy, Ruffian and a couple of my other homies be handsomely compensated. So next time one of ya'll see Jimmy Rollins tell him he better have my money.

Seriously, I better get a free hat or a Mike Schmidt jersey or something. And by the way, never ever try to counter Phillies won with the Mets lost, or Astros won. It just doesn't work.

4 comments:

Naked With Socks On said...

There's a baseball team in Phily?

Who knew....

profess said...

Yankees won!!!

Dove said...

Philly has good cheesesteaks and great shopping... other than that I'm lost...

MeLa Machinko said...

i like that. Im using it. LOL