Wednesday, October 15, 2008

That Barack Obama Got A Mean Jab...



I just rushed home from the gym to catch the Final Presidential Debate on CNN.

Thankfully, there's still an hour to go. I know how critical this election is, but I can't help but analyze the interaction between Barack Obama and John McCain with a superficial eye. I must say, McCain is looking just horrible. I mean, not only does he look like a cheap Halloween mask, he's just a horrible debater in my opinion.

First off, why does he blink so much? I swear, I think his old ass is dozing off and keeps flapping them lashes to hide deadly fatigue. I'm waiting on his neck to lean sideways any minute. Secondly, why is McCain so mad? I mean, look at him. He's just standing there boiling, just about a question away from physically stepping to Obama. The pressure must be tremendous, but dude just isn't showing composure. He visibly gets frustrated at Obama's responses, tries to chime in out-of-turn and keeps...Oh shoot! I think he neck just sagged.

On the flip side, Obama is just so calm and collected. While McCain's blinking away, Obama is just sitting there calmly shaking his head, smiling and slowly waiting his turn. That's when the jab comes in. At one point, McCain kept complaining about his feelings being hurt about an allegation made by a Democratic Congressman. Obama subtly jabbed McCain, saying something like, "I don't think the country cares about our feelings being hurt, they're concerned about how we're gonna fix the economy." Slick! He played him. Sorry for breaking down politics to such a pedestrian level. I just couldn't help it.

Anyway, I need to get back. But it'll be over by the time you guys read this. What are you guys thinking? How did the two candidates look in the debates?

6 comments:

DJ Daddy Mack said...

"He visibly gets frustrated at Obama's responses, tries to chime in out-of-turn and keeps...Oh shoot! I think he neck just sagged."

Word. He was mad scared. It was insane. I was just telling someone about his reactions. Obama killed him there.

"At one point, McCain kept complaining about his feelings being hurt about an allegation made by a Democratic Congressman. Obama subtly jabbed McCain, saying something like, "I don't think the country cares about our feelings being hurt, they're concerned about how we're gonna fix the economy." Slick! He played him."

Word. Its true tho.

Overall, I think Obama ethered him. McCain flopped. He came in there like yea I'm going to kick his you know what (his real words), but was like a kid in a hunted house. McCain takes the L.

MeLa Machinko said...

I think everyone feels the way you're feeling.. with the debates, those indicators influence people just as much as the issues discussed. (As much as the pundits analyze body language, eye contact, facial expressions, etc, surely you're not alone.)

Furthermore, this is just a debate... you think it's more stressful than being the President? And McCain is finna blow his top in front of millions because the democrats hurt his feelings?

That crazy old man needs to retire from the Senate!

And lastly, and i just gotta get this off my chest-

the number one reason McCain shouldn't be the President- his arms too short to box with God.

:)

Janee TMB said...

McCain really needs to rethink those faces he makes... Not a good look at all!

Yo, semi-unrelated but, I just learned today that the word barak means 'to bless' in Hebrew. I know it's spelled differently but ain't that some ish? Gotta be a good sign.

Dove said...

This was by far the best debate of the three, and it was about damn time we saw a little spitfire from either of these guys. Obama was like Cool Hand Luke on that stage. I loved that the mod asked some good questions too - it took them off the sorely beaten path of the s.o.s. they have been talking about.

Obama all day. Sadly, no matter who wins it's these effin bank owners who determine our fate with regard to the economy. It'd just be nice to see us all get some health care.

OranguDANG said...

McCain knows he's behind in the polls. His anxiety is visible. This tends to happen. It's easy to judge McCain, as well as Obama, but McCain is making a stand that counts. It takes guts to stand up to the pariah of change, At least he's holding his own; literally. Not many swing voters are going to side with McCain this election. He depends on his loyal party members to hold him up. The Dems have done so much to mobilize voters on their side, McCain is pretty much a lost cause.

Join the Revolution said...

McCain is making last grasps. Personally, I think Obama set McCain up when he mentioned that Obama wouldn't bring up Ayers to his face and he did the other night. Frankly, Obama knows that 98% of voters don't give a sh*t about his relationship with Ayers - people want to keep their jobs, keep money in their pockets, and not worry about health insurance coverage when they get sick. Yet, Gramps is constantly bringing up Ayers and other sh*t that doesn't effect me, you, or "Joe the Plumber".

Obama is smarter than he is getting credit for and he is toying with McCain right now. Now, it's up to all of these "fans" to get out and go to to polls and not just rock the "BaRack the Vote" t-shirts and all of those things. Doesn't mean anything if a) you don't vote and b) you don't contribute to the campaign. Put your money where your mouth is.

Sidebar: Seinfeld is the sh*t, fam. I tried to give it up after Kramergate, but that racist f**ker couldn't keep me away. "Serenity Now!"