Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Classic Movies I've Never Seen



My friends and I watched the Steelers Vs. Ravens game at this spot in the city this past Sunday.

The funny thing is, we barely got to see any of the game, we were just too wrapped up in our conversations. Aside from discussing prime meeting locations, we talked about our favorite movies and sitcoms of all time. You already know mine: Seindfeld. Surprisingly, one of my boys told me he had never seen an episode of Seinfeld ever.

As much as I love the show, I can't really knock him. Everybody Loves Raymond isn't as popular, but it had a great run and I've never seen a complete episode. My big sis bought me the DVD for Christmas so I guess I'll soon be crossing Ray off my list. But it got me thinking about legendary shows and classic movies I've never seen before.

I've never seen Titanic. I actually did so purposely. I was still in my teens at the time of its theater release and it was advertised as pretty much the greatest love story ever. My macho side kicked in and I refused to see. It showed on TV years later, but I never bothered watching it. It's kinda crazy, cause I'm sort of a movie buff, but never bothered seeing some of the top grossing movies of all time. Aside from Titanic, I've never seen E.T., Jurrasic Park, any of the Shreks, any of the Lord of the Rings and all Harry Potters except the first ones. E.T. was recently on HBO on Demand and I just didn't feel like watching it for some reason. As for Lord and Harry, I just never got into it, but do want to see them. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but that's about it off the top.

What about you guys? Any obvious TV shows of classic movies you've never seen?

5 comments:

Happyrunningbunny said...

Really??? You've never seen E.T.? I didn't think there was anyone who hadn't seen E.T.!

I can't think of any "classics" that I haven't seen but then again I like to think of myself as a movie buff too.

Omar said...

i didn't see et till about two weeks ago...on HBO. It wasn't bad. Now if you said you never saw The Last Dragon or some shit, then I might be surprised.

Joi White said...

Don't feel bad, I just saw Boyz in the Hood a few months ago, I've never seen New Jack City, Juice, or pretty much any of the black "in the hood" movies. Simply because I wasn't allowed as a kid and I never played catch up. Trust, I'm the slow one.

The Third said...

Wow. I dont feel so "alone" now for not having yet seen movies like The Jackson 5 or The Five Heartbeats. lol

Jazzy said...

Tranformers. Which apparantly is an 'iconic' film, but I just have no desire to watch it.

Ive also never seen any of the Lord of the Rings, and dont really have a desire to.