Monday, January 19, 2009

Clubs Are The Best Places To Meet Women...



My dating life's pretty much been the same the past few years.

I meet girls, but hardly ever become interested no matter what. Of course, I take full responsibility. I just seem to always find something wrong with the prospects. Not to say I'm God's gift to women, far from it. Compatibility just isn't something I take too lightly, so I get even more particular when it comes to romance. I initially didn't think I was to blame for meeting the same woman over and over. After all, I have absolutely no control over meeting Harlem women in both the city and Brooklyn. It just seemed to happen that way. But the thing is, I always seem to meet them at parties, bars or clubs whenever I do go. Frankly, I'm sick of it. But where else am I supposed to meet someone really?

Folks refuse to acknowlege the club as a legitimate meeting ground, but it makes our lives that much easier. At this point, most of us have it down to a science. We know what to do, what to say and when to say it. It just doesn't apply anywhere else. An overwhelming amount of women I've spoken to over the years have co-signed the train as an acceptable approach location. The first step doesn't seem like an easy one, though. Commuters are pretty anti-social to begin with, so it seems like any approach requires some kind of interruption, which just feels rude and just isn't a good look. Like, shorty is listening to her iPod and you cut in for a commercial break.

I've also heard of coffee shops and book stores. But again, what's the approach? Is that decaff? I heard this book sucks? Perhaps? As for work, it's out of the question for me. I mean, some of my co-workers have found love, married or have kids, but I just couldn't picture myself getting involved with a co-worker. It's sort of a rule of mine. Then again, if Freida Pinto was to be my new co-worker, I'd probably try to break it quick fast.

I actually think college was the best place and time to meet people. But seriously, I don't think the club is the best spot to meet women, I just think it's the easiest. The thing is, whether people admit it or not, a large part of going out is to meet people. It's part of the agenda. My friend also mentioned bars and lounges, but what makes them any better than clubs? I think clubs are dissmissed because if it works out, nobody wants to say, "Yea, I met my wife at Mansion. I seen her shaking her ass, so I jumped behind her. It was love at first hump." Plus the club is just more of a fooling around type of scene. The train or book stores just sound better. What I like about the book store is that the hook up has to just happen...At least in my opinion. Like, s0mething has to spark the conversation rather than one of the two, intentionally starting it.
Anyway, where do you guys usually meet people? Ladies, is there such a thing as a bad place? Fellers, how do you usually approach a woman? Now if you excuse me, I'm heading to Barnes & Noble.

9 comments:

Hashim said...

church is a good place to meet women. that where i met my current girlfriend.

Dove said...

Some of the best relationships I ever had started with a meeting at a nightclub... nothing wrong with it :-)

Rika...Im Loving It!!! said...

I co sign the train...but I find that bars and lounges are good places to meet...you get to sit and chat... and you know, Ive always met dudes in the city when Im doing lunch solo....

SabaG. said...

Well I seem to think that meeting guys in the Club is kind of lame. Most men in Cali that go out religiously have one agenda. It depends on the coast; seriously! I have no particular preference where I meet guys as long as their is some type of chemistry. Sheesh but you have a new love interest each week, paula patton, Freida Pinto... who's next carl?? lol

MeLa Machinko said...

*scratches head*

fuck if i know. I don't like strangers. I never meet anybody. LOL

Happyrunningbunny said...

I met my husband at the club....I think it is a perfectly fine place to meet. If someone isn't about anything then they aren't about anything. It doesn't matter where you meet them, hoes and dogs go to Barnes and Noble too.

Assertive Wit said...

it all depends on the person...I'm not big on talking to guys from the club because it seems they lack intelligent conversation OUTSIDE of the club. when you're in the club, you aren't really required to stimulate anyone's brain because the music is usually too loud for all of that...for me, anywhere I can actually see a part of the person's personality shine through while we are talking, that's the best place to meet a person...

I shy away from meeting guys in religious settings too because for some reason it is just as bad as meeting a guy in the club...who they are isn't really consistent with who you are going to see later on...but that's just in my experience :)

Double A said...

I agree with Happy, it doesn't matter where you meet someone. I look at it like I like to go to clubs, because I actually like danicing. I don't go as much now because I'd rather not pay $20 for four hours of "party time" but yeaaah. I have met someone at my mother's church, and let's just say that didn't turn out too well. But I've also met some great people at clubs.

Now my new thing is house parties and/or events thrown by friends. For the most part, you'll run into some cool people, and you won't have to worry if they are psycho lunatics or deranged stalkers. I, at least, run on the assumption that if you know my friend, and you were personally invited, then you're cool, period.

themeanpost said...

mmMm, i agree with every word you have said. there's really not a good place to meet anybody anymore. in class? at school? super-market? clubs? wherever u try to pick girls up, there's always an excuse for them to say (in their mind) "can this guy find a better place to hid on me?" i usally meet girls at parties, and clubs also, and your right, as much as people dont want to admit it, "people go out to meet PEOPLE". i want to say is, it doesnt matter where u meet anybody, if "it" works out for you, it works out. fuck what people think.