Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's Not My Fault, The Recession...

The last time I wrote about the recession, some of my buddies hit me up like, "dude, that blog depressed the hell out of me."

Sorry, fellers. It sure wasn't my intention. But we all know folks are losing jobs left and right. Me and a few friends were talking about it just the other day. Something has to give. Pretty much everybody is expecting the economy to get worse before it gets better. Meanwhile, the cost of living is still sky high. I'm hearing the MTA is about to hike prices on their metro cards. Dude, why? There aren't any jobs out there, how we supposed to pay?

Let's be fair, here. If the economy is crumbling, the cost of living needs to be adjusted accordingly. One thing I've been saying for a little while is that landlords need to lower the rent. One of my co-workers mentioned that her lease is up this year and that the landlord already announced that he'll be raising the rent come signing time. It's not like someone else will be able to afford the darn place if your tenant opts to move. Nobody has money.

That's pretty much the tune we've been singing as of late. It's a recession! Whenever someone asks me what I'm doing for the weekend, I usually reply, "I'm staying in. It's a recession." It's actually turning into a great excuse. I figure I might as well turn the recession into something positive. It's now my new excuse for pretty much everything whether it's money related or not. For instance, if I choose not to drink during a night out, it's a recession. Sorry I didn't call you back, it's a recession. I'm still wearing the same white on white Air Force Ones I bought last summer, it's a recession. Sorry I'm late, I missed my train. The Phillies won, the Eagles lost. It's a recession. It's a recession. Seven Pounds sucked. It must be the recession.

5 comments:

anna said...

seven pounds didn't suck. you just don't have any feelings carl! lol

Matou said...

Yeah... When Bill Collectors call I say, "I don't have a Job and We're in a Recession" *Click*....

Assertive Wit said...

hahahhahah...I told one of my friends that I couldn't go out with her and she kept at it until finally I said, "it's a recession; I really aint trying to spend money frivolously" she huffed and puffed then got off the phone all sad like and called me a killjoy...I guess she had a stash of money we aren't privileged enough to have...LOL

Gangstarr Girl said...

LOL. I've been using that "recession" excuse too. Hey, it works. But seriously tho, what happens when you go out with friends? You end up paying for food and drinks. That shit adds up man. So now when my friends try to hit me up to go out, I hit them with the recession excuse.

wERDPLAY said...

Yeah... When Bill Collectors call I say, "I don't have a Job and We're in a Recession" *Click*....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA