Tuesday, February 17, 2009

You Can't Be That Busy...




I'm pretty lazy in some regards, so one of my favorite things to do is absolutely nothing.


You guys will never understand the satisfaction I get by staying home and watch movies, surf the internet for hours or just stare at the walls. I just love it. I'd love to be able to respond, "nothing" whenever folks ask me what I'm doing, but I can't. For some reason, people think being busy is cool. I guess they think free time makes them look like losers or something, like they have no life.


Being busy is like a bragging right now, it's not even a complaint anymore. Well, let me be the first to tell some of you, ya'll can't be that busy. And this doesn't only apply to romantic rapports, I get the feeling some dudes purposely respond slowly to create the "I'm busy" effect, which is pretty gay if you ask me, not that there's anything wrong with that. Granted, the phone isn't always next to us and you could also be in the bathroom, on a plane, at the movies, sleeping, in class, at work, on the train, on the phone, reading my blog, etc, etc. They could also be multitexting. There are exceptions of course. But I've seen people just look through text messages, put the phone down and then start typing away later. Let's be clear, I'm talking after work hours here. I'll be the first ignore your ass if I'm overwhelmed with work. Then again, if I'm not busy there's a good chance I'm deliberately ignoring you too.

In my case, I'm pretty frequent distracted, so if I'm off and I don't quickly respond, just blame it on the ADD. Other than that, I don't care how it makes me look, if I see the text, I hit you right back. Now, I admit that I've gotten caught up in the game before. Some of my homies and I had similar experiences a while back. The girls we were talking to would take the longest to text back, so we'd play right along and take lengthy breaks between texts. Pretty lame I know. My gut tells me we simply weren't option no.1, but who knows. I'm the wrong one to play the game, though. I'll mess around and stop texting all together. The funny thing is, once you start ignoring slow texters, next thing you know they're double texting you like, "why are you ignoring me?" which proves they were playing a game in the first place. I snapped out of it, though. You hit me, I hit you back. No thirst involved, that's just how it should be. I wish I could plead for those kind of games to stop, but I'd be wasting keystrokes.


What about you guys? Ever been through a similar situation? And don't tell me I should just call instead of texting. I'm too busy for that. :)

3 comments:

Daruffian said...

Word up. If 40 is the new 30, then "being busy" is the "new lazy"i.e. "you aint doing shit" The text game is the worst, people feeling some type of way over nothing, putting emotion into words on a screen, trying to appear busy etc.. Shit cracks me up. You know kids aint busy cause nowadays cats walk around with their phone in hand like dude from high school who was always brushing his "360's", so they mos def got your message. lol The worst is "Pingers" on BBM. Like seriously, telling me to watch some whack ass reality show or telling me to call you isn't worth a "Ping" This is at the point in the "text" game when i just ignore. oh yeah, i hate when people text "Call Me" aren't we already talking!?!?

Ro said...

I read your blog everytime I see Lowkey tagged on it (on Facebook) and you are pretty hilarious in a very subtle way..
I hate all forms of communication.. lol.. that is my comment.

FlapJack said...

I do that because I don't want people to think I'm available at all times. Same reason I don't answer my cell all the time. Gives me freedom from annoying people