Thursday, March 5, 2009

Carl Chery Vs. Danny Tejada: Who Looks More Nervous?



About two years ago I started doing on-camera interviews for SOHH.com.

I had absolutely no training, but since I was the site's main writer, the homie Rashaun sent me to the MTV Video Music Awards' Press Junkett. I had no clue what I was getting myself into. I had a mic and a cameraman I never met before. Next thing you know, publicists started bringing celebrities around for me to interview them on camera. I just started talking to them like I do my friends. I felt really comfortable. I went off the top and asked these celebs questions for hours. The next day, I went to work and got great feedback from my co-workers. Next thing you know, we started publishing the interviews online and I got some more good feedback from people. I had a ball running from red carpet to red carpet. I kinda miss it sometimes so every now and then, I log onto SOHH.com and watch some of my favorites.

I was watching perhaps my personal G.O.A.T. the other night, an interview with Vida Guerra, and decided to share it with the homie Danny Tejada. Danny's response: "you look nervous." Weird, cause I definitely felt comfy at the time. Danny then proceeded to tell me how he felt comfortable when he interviewed Chuck D a while back, so I asked to see it. Dude, 27 seconds into the interview, Chuck D tells Danny he enjoyed the drive up to the venue and D responds by nervously laughing. Wasn't nothing funny about that. So me being me, I hit him back and told him he had some nerve to talk about my nerves when he came off pretty nervous. So I told him to put his clip where his mouth is. Below, you'll see the interview Danny conducted with Chuck. Watch it and compare it with mine to determine which one of us loos more nervous. I know it's petty, but it's fun. So suck my cabbab. Since my interview is 60 seconds, make sure you only watch the first minute of Danny's clip. Don't worry, you'll only need 27 seconds. Oh and by the way, I know this is supposed to be subjective, but there is such a thing as a wrong answer here. Say Danny wins and I'll just call you crazy. After all, he already admitted that he thinks he's gonna get ethered.

Carl "Chews Gum Like A Horse" Chery Interviews Vida...


Danny Interviews Chuck D...



25 comments:

DJ Daddy Mack said...

This Danny guy just sounds like a humble guy. Chalk up the L for Carl. <_<

MeLa Machinko said...

awwww... u did give a lil nervous laugh there, danny.

on the OTHER hand, Carl... were you chewing gum on camera?? Im horrified!

I feel like a school marm for bringing that up. lol

Marvelous Mo said...

Danny looks wild nervous. I bet if you zoom in on his forehead you'd see sweat beads forming.

Carl you win. But you lose because you don't follow me on twitter. http://www.bombombombomwooooo.com/

http://www.twitter.com/marvelousmo

Carl Chery said...

Mela, I hate that about that clip. They forgot to remind me to throw it out. I look like a damn horse. Take the L, Danny. Take the L.

Gina T! said...

Both Danny and Carl did a great job - the conversations flowed and both came off very humble and charismatic. BUT - Danny definitely takes an L on this one. From the nervous laughter to reading the questions straight from the paper - he was undoubtedly the more nervous interviewer in these clips.

Keep doing your thing guys!!!

-GT

Mceezy said...

Laughing really loud right now. Danny is nervous! Although, kudos for the interview.

And Carl, not cause I heart you, but, you did a great job. Super entertaining. I'm so glad you didn't pull a Katie Kuric/Lil Wayne, and give Vida the googly eyes the whole time.

NakedWithSocksOn.com said...

Carl is an Internet bully....

Carl Chery said...

Ans, I love the nickname. Thanks. Just found a new AKA.

evilrapbastard said...

I got alot 2 say about these 2 clips. First of all...both of you stink like a vultures corpse but Daddy Mack is who almost made me light my laptop on fire & throw it out the window. This is how I felt after watching the Wizard of Oz as a kid. Danny...you're so hateful & EVIL on twitter but ur just a big panda bear in person. You look like you just wanted to cling to Chuck D's left leg and let his nuts brush your hair all day.
But after all that...Carl is who lost and will continue to lose because of that suspiciously fruity, unEVIL lastname.
Step up the EVIL and I ain't talkin bout on twitter!!

J-Rod said...

5 seconds in...KNOCKOUT!

Winner: Chery!

Vida looked a bit nervous too, tho, C, when you mentioned Playboy the first time, hahahaa.

Is_is said...

LMAO!!! at evilrpbastard..yo I'm crying right now. Given that Vida's chi chis are damn near staring Carl in the face, Chery's gonna take the belt on this one (bc he didn't stare back)...
Danny, you a tad nervous but you did good..
Carl..stop being a bully and chewing on the gum like a horse smh..

DJ Daddy Mack said...

lol I'm evil? smmfh at everything in that comment.

Carl Chery said...

"stink like a vultures corpse." Almost funny. I may have to use that one. Danny, you gon let him talk about you like that?

slangrap said...

No disrespect DT but Carl got it. I will point out that though CC may claim he was looking directly at Vida's face the entire time we all know where the peripheral vision was maintained...

DJ Daddy Mack said...

I don't waste my time on people I don't know. To even be branding evil is an L.

Paul Cantor said...

Carl got it.... ya'll are both pussies on camera tho... j/k

Farrah said...

Although I am currently the president of the "I HATE CARL" fan club, I will be impartial and say that you won that battle...BUT THE WAR IS NOT OVER!!!!!!!

B.Scully said...

Carl you look a lil shook at the beginning but it adds to the humor. Its like you're nervously hitting on a chick lol

SMH @ Mo self promoting on Carl's blog

dp said...

I have to vote against Carl for two reasons

1) I can listen to Chuck D speak on anything

2) Carl did not touch her breasts to see if they were real or fake.

You were up there for all of us Carl, for all of us that have rubbed one off in the shower with our eyes closed dreaming about Vida.

You were supposed to be our hero Carl and you didn't get your hands smelly.

Sandra said...

WOW! that was much too easy to call. Carl beats Danny w/ an uppercut knock out. I dont know either gentleman so I am not biased. I couldn't even watch all of Danny's because the nervous energy comes right with his introduction. The nervous laugh that proceeds the wow( as in wow. I dont know what u just said but here's my first question, Mr D, ChuckDee, sir, insert another nervous chuckle).

Carl you were cool...too cool Mr. Gum Chewing Remegade.

Dove said...

Carl, you had a little Peter Brady moment in the beginning, but aside from the gum chewing and camera man who kept you out of the shot most of the time, pretty decent.

Poor Danny looks like he had sweaty palms the whole time. The nervous laugh in the beginning is priceless.

Winner: Mr. Chery (sorry Danny)

Carl Chery said...

Dallas, I'll try to redeem myself at First Saturdays tomorrow. I'm sorry I let you down. My apologies.

GangStarr Girl said...

Carl wins. Actually, Carl, you didn't seem nervous at all. Sorry Danny.

dp said...

You still my nig Carl because in my mind you did some shit off camera with that thing.

ron mexico said...

20 second into DT's you gotta stop the fight. the giggles... the paper... oh, no. not comfortable.

carl seems in control. generally the gum is an auto-fail, but since nerves are the issue, it looks like don carlos ist der vinner.