Monday, November 23, 2009

I Quit!




Obviously, blogging hasn't been easy for me these past few months.

It's not that my life's been so uneventful that I haven't had anything to write about, not exactly. As I've told you before, I prefer blogging when the entries write themselves. And whenever something blogworthy happened during the past few months, I've seemingly struggled to find the right words to bring new entries to life. It's usually much easier when recounting real life events, but even that hasn't been working. At one point, I was playing around with this Top 10 Overrated White Girls list, but I never quite got into the right rhythm to complete it.

While on hiatus, I occasionally bumped into people asking when my next blog was coming. I never had an answer. By the way, last week's entry, Told You I Was the G.O.A.T., almost never made it onto the site. I must have contemplated it for weeks before finally writing it. As always, when I finally decided to move forward, the entry wrote itself. I actually thought it was some of my best work. I felt great about it until I realized it only got five comments, including two from some anonymous person. Man, I bricked! I went triple wood!

Frankly, I'm a little confused... but I’m pretty sure I think you guys suck. I thought I had an instant classic on my hands, but instead of commenting, you punks hit me on AIM with some "lol, crazy" or asked me some unrelated questions like, "what's good for the weekend?" Assholes! I mostly make fun of poultry on this blog, but the one time I write an entry about a girl I like, you guys don’t have anything to say? Was it not goofy enough? Am I relegated to writing about pelicans, interior scarf wearing pricks, fasting bloggers, upsetting train rides and weird theories? You people disgust me. I guess you jerks didn’t miss me that much. I quit!

KIDDING!

But seriously, I'm still curious to know what you think about last week's entry, so if you haven't yet, click here and leave a comment. You can be anonymous.

[Blogger's Note: I'm sure someone somewhere thinks I'm dead serious]

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not blog alongside Naked W/ Socks. You can add a much needed male perspective. Dude is good but he's so hemotional.

ak said...

you should link back to the GOAT entry. too hard to find right now.

Carl Chery said...

DUDE! I linked to the G.O.A.T entry. TWICE!

ak said...

wait. sorry, now i see the link. read the post. i don't usually comment on people's personal blogs because they're personal. but since you're soliciting feedback (heh heh), i'll throw in my two cents: it wasn't clear to me that you actually liked tina. maybe it's because i don't speak Too Cool for School, but this seemed more like a procedural question about the online sleuthing skills of ladies. i think a little straightforward "hemotion" (big up to the anonymous commenter above who thinks "emotion" and "male" are mutually exclusive...) could have been great here. either that or a flow chart...

Is_is said...

Umm ak...I'ma give you my favorite quote. "Reading is fundamental" and it makes things a lot easier to find.
L M A O at hemotional.

Carl... I don't even know what to say to you. But I not only hit you on aim but I commented too so my work is done. Good luck with this but don't quit cuz you crack me up.

Is_is said...

ahaha! stealing this one "maybe it's bc I don't speak to cool for school"

I just also want you to answer the question "what happened to Tina"???
Is it juicy? I wanna know.

ak said...

Umm, Is_Is: I'll give you one of my favorite lines. it's as original as "reading is fundamental": quit being a dick.

Is_is said...

Whoa whoa whoa...AK, I'm a chick so I can't be a dick, BUT I meant no harm...no harm *waves white hanky*

Farrah said...

So did it turn into a freaky 3some or did you punk out hahahahaha!! lol ((((I kid, I kid))))

Carl Chery said...

Stop being a dickhead, Farrah! I should have jabbed you in this blog after all. I'll catch you on the next one if I make a comeback.

Brian said...

Considering your current and previous employers, you should know that "Lists = Comments". LOL.. Top 10 Overrated White Girls should have been automatic. I'll start: Cameron Diaz. Ok, go...

Carl Chery said...

Man, half of those Maxim sexiest lists be overrated white girls.

Brian said...

Truth be told, Maxim Hot 100 was my reference for that last comment. I never heard of half of these chicks

Carl Chery said...

Dude! That's what I always tell people. Even white boys don't be liking them white girls. Why are you trying to tell me they're hot?

Farrah said...

BUT I LOVE YOU CARL! And you WILL make a comeback (just leave me out of it)!

NakedWithSocksOn.com said...

@Anonymous

I'm not familiar with this "hemotional" terms what exactly does it mean? Should I be mad? Should I be honored? Do I need to dedicate an entire blog to you and your new terminology? What gives?

The good dude with "hemotions"